Meeting of the MOT network: an ambitious programme for 2020January 2020
The MOT network met on 12 December 2019 in Paris in the offices of the Caisse des Dépôts, around the meetings of the Board and the Steering Committee. The discussions were an opportunity to report on the findings of the questionnaire on "Communicating the needs of the MOT network to the national level", and to launch an ambitious work programme for the coming year, with a number of key projects.
- a general assembly that will be held on 26-27 May 2020 in Colmar, at the invitation of the Haut-Rhin Department;
- organisation of a Europe-wide event: the first "Borders Forum", which will be held in Paris on 9-10 November 2020;
- continuation of the work of the MOT’s Technical Committee, inaugurated on 6 November. Its objective: to bring together three times a year a small number of members representing the different borders in order to come up with proposals regarding the network’s activities, to better involve members in them, and to prioritise actions ahead of wider meetings;
- the launch of thematic working groups for the network, jointly coordinated with members;
- confirmation of the MOT’s role within the framework of the enhanced Franco-German cooperation under the Aachen Treaty and its Cross-Border Cooperation Committee; possible duplication of this process on other borders, and the creation of networks of players and experiments along different borders;
- continued support at national level for cross-border cooperation and the MOT.