Registration is now open for the brand-new MOOC on European Territorial Cooperation!February 2022
More than 30 years after the creation of the INTERREG programme, the European Commission has teamed up with some of the most renowned experts* in the field of ETC to produce the very first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) entirely dedicated to European Territorial Cooperation!
This online course is divided into four chapters which provides an exhaustive overview on territorial cooperation in Europe:
- The first chapter guides through the foundations of territorial cooperation by questioning its origins, its evolution and its theoretical framework since its development after the end of the Second World War.
- A second chapter depicts the existing European policies in the field of territorial cooperation: Interreg, Neighbourhood Policy, Macro-regional strategies, etc., with the goal of analysing decision-making procedures, their implementation, their geographical dimensions and their impact.
- In the third one, a thematic approach is being proposed. For each of the 5 identified topics (health, spatial planning, environment, culture, mobility), the aim is to discover how they have been tackled at the local level, to which cooperation needs they responded and how the different stakeholders intervened and interacted (multi-level-governance).
- Finally, a fourth chapter explains how territorial cooperation is concretely implemented by local stakeholders, which difficulties they encounter and which means and tools were activated in order to overcome them.
Back to list
Each course is composed of several sequences, which are complementary and contain several videos, thought-provoking learning material, case-studies and stakeholders’ interviews.
The course is provided in English.
At the end of the curriculum, certifications will be issued to participants:
- for attendance to 50% of the course (Statement of Participation).
- for completion of at least 90% of the course (Certificate of Achievement).
- for success of at least 60% of the tests (Certificate of Success).
The registration is now open, the first session starts on 7th March 2022, and lasts 6 weeks. Don't wait to register!
More information and online registration.
* MOT, Strasbourg University, Artois University, Thessaloniki University, MOT, CESCI, the Euro-Institut and the TEIN Network.