Cross-border Public Services (CPS)
Border(s): France-Germany, Germany-Poland, Czech Republic-Germany, France-Switzerland, Finland-Sweden, Ireland-United Kingdom, France-Belgium, France-Spain-Andorra, Austria-Czech Republic, Hungary-Slovenia, Germany-Luxembourg, Finland-Russia, Germany-Switzerland, Belgium-Netherlands, Portugal-Spain, Denmark-Germany, Norway-Sweden, Austria-Germany, Germany-Netherlands,
- Public Services
- Identifying and removing obstacles
Lead partner: Region Sønderjylland – Schleswig (Denmark/Germany)
EPSON and the Association of European Border Regions (AEBR) have carried out a study on Cross-border Public Services (CSP) and their provision in Europe. At the territorial level, good access to public services of general interest on each side of the border is one of the main points of the territorial cohesion objectives of the Lisbon Treaty, as well as of the current Cohesion Policy. The study provides an overview of existing CSP with a focus on territorial issues related to their implementation, in order to identify future needs and find sustainable solutions.
- Region Sønderjylland – Schleswig Joint Secretariat & Infocenter (Denmark/Germany)
- EuRegio Salzburg Berchtesgadener Land Traunstein, (Germany/Austria)
- Euregio Bayerischer Wald – Böhmerwald – Unterer Inn e.V., (Germany/Austria/Czech Republic)
- Galicia North Portugal EGTC, (Spain/Portugal)
- Bothnian Arc, (Sweden/Finland)
- Development Centre Murska Sobota, (Slovenia)
- Regional Council of South Karelia (Finland)
- Kommunalgemeinschaft Euroregion Oberes Elbtal/Osterzgebirge e.V., (Germany/Czech Republic)
- Province of East Flanders on behalf of Euregion Scheldemond, (Belgium)
- Coordination Commission for Regional Development for Alentejo, (Portugal)
- Euregio Bayerischer Wald/ Böhmerwald – Regionalmanagement Mühlviertel, (Germany/Austria)
- Support a better delivery crossborder public services
- Improve awareness about the added value of cross-border public services.
- Give a better understanding of the legal basis, governance models, infrastructure use and needs addressed and tasks of CPS.
Regional decision makers
Authorities in charge cooperation programs financed by the UE and European organizations
- Sources were compiled in form of a database that includes a total of 559 CPS in Europe, of which for 92 CPS detailed survey answers are available allowing for insights into CPS development and governance processes.
- Ten case studies have been conducted in cross-border regions in different parts of Europe.
- Altogether 170 CPS have been identified in these ten case study areas.
- Good practice examples have been identified in the framework of the analysis.
November 2017 – November 2018
249 778.00 €