REDVERT -The Green and Blue Network of the Basque EurocityCountries: Spain, France
Territory of the Basque Eurocity,
Interreg IVA - France-Spain-Andorra
- The environment, resources and waste
- Spatial planning and development
- Natural and rural areas
Lead partner: Bayonne San Sebastián Basque Eurocity
Bayonne San Sebastián Basque Eurocity tries to develop on its territory a network of ecological corridors with a Green component (natural areas, Permanent Crop Cover) and Blue one (Waterways, canals, wetlands). The founding of this green Infrastructure would be a key tool to protect, to highlight and to connect biodiversity with human activity.
To do so, the Basque Eurocity Cross-border Agency launched the Green and Blue Network (REDVERT) in 2012 in order to identify and map ecological networks of the cross-border territory and its area of influence in order to keep an organisation tool available.
- Bayonne San Sebastián Basque Eurocity
- ETEN Environnement (research department)
Gain knowledge on blue linkages in the Eurocity with a view to develop an ecological strategy for the area.
- Defining some basis, the biodiversity core area, the Eurocity's ecological corridors
- Identifying conflict areas and obstacles to the ecological connection
- Establishing the sectors at risk and the key-sectors of Eurocity
- Stating recommendations to promote connection between the ecological corridors of the Basque Eurocity
Second and third phase:
- Establishing a strategy and an operational measure program in order to ensure the connection between the natural areas in the territory
- Organising and promoting the mapping study of Basque Eurocity's ecological corridors and of the operational measures program
€304, 280 €