Conversion of the customs post at Camphin LamainCountries: Belgium, France
Interreg IIIA - France-Wallonia-Flanders
- Cross-border spatial planning and infrastructure
Lead partner: COPIT (Conférence Permanente Intercommunale Transfrontalière)
This project, which was initiated by COPIT, oversees the conversion of the former customs post at Camphin Lamain, located on the Lille/Tournai motorway.
- Ministère wallon de l´Équipement (the Ministry of Public Works of the Wallonia Region)
- Ministère français de l´Équipement (the French Ministry of Public Works)
- French customs and police services
- Communauté Urbaine de Lille (the Urban Community of Lille)
- The towns concerned
To make the border as unobtrusive as possible by removing any visible traces of the former customs posts and to enable traffic to flow as freely as possible.
- Demolishing buildings
- Simplifying motorway routes
- Developing car parks for the storage of heavy goods
- Constructing 80 m² premises to enable occasional controls to take place of the work carried out by the police and customs officers