Risk prevention and management of the maritime pollutionsCountries: Belgium, France, United Kingdom
Border(s): France-Belgium, France-United Kingdom, Belgium-United Kingdom,
- Cross-border maritime cooperation
- The environment, resources and waste
- Climate change, risk management and prevention
Lead partner: Nord-Pas-de-Calais Region (France)
This project between the Kent County Council (UK), the Nord-Pas-de-Calais Region (France) and the West Flanders Province (Belgium) has for its objective to define strategies and concerted actions of prevention and communication in case of maritime pollution. The concerned zone extends from the strait of Pas-de-Calais in the South to the North Sea (territories of Kent, Nord-Pas-de-Calais and West Flanders).
- West Flanders Province (Belgium)
- Kent County Council (UK)
- Coast guard (UK)
- Local Authorities (UK)
The objectives of the project are to define common strategies of prevention and communication in case of maritime pollution, specifically intended for the local authorities of the concerned zone.
Local Authorities of the concerned zone.
- Definition of a common strategy in case of maritime pollution
- Exchange of experiences and identification of the best practices at the European level
- Identification of the common methods of prevention and treatment of the pollution
- Definition of the systems of communication and information
- Identification of needs in training of the various actors