Transboundary Planning the European AtlanticCountries: Spain, France, Ireland, Portugal, United Kingdom
Border(s): France-Spain-Andorra, Portugal-Spain, France-United Kingdom, Ireland-United Kingdom,
Interreg IIIB - Atlantic Rim
- Cross-border maritime cooperation
The TPEA (Transboundary Planning the European Atlantic) project will deliver a commonly-agreed approach to cross-border MSP (Maritime Spatiale Planning) in the European Atlantic region, which will be trialled in two distinct geographical and political contexts, linked by their shared regional identity, and will provide detailed recommendations for the evaluation of cross-border MSP. TPEA concerns the part of the Atlantic as defined by OSPAR areas III, IV and V. Five Member States have jurisdiction over waters in this region: France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain and the UK. The geographical focus of the project is those areas where coastal and marine transboundary interactions take place between these Member States.
- Directorate General for Marine Policy (DGPM - PT)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment (MAGRAMA - SP)
- Department of the Environment Northern Ireland (UK)
- University College Cork (Ireland)
- University of Algarve (UAlg - PT)
- Spanish Institute of Oceanography (SP)
- CEDEX (SP)
- University of Seville (SP)
- To develop recommendations for a cross-border MSP process for application within project region sea areas.
- To demonstrate the wider potential for cross-border MS.
- To investigate the relationship between MSP and ICZM and recommend means for their closer integration.
1 000 000 €