PEGASEAS - Promoting Effective Governance of the Channel EcosystemCountries: France, United Kingdom
Border(s): France-United Kingdom,
Interreg IVA - France-(Channel)-England
- Cross-border maritime cooperation
- The environment, resources and waste
- Cross-border governance
- Research and innovation
Lead partner: The Centre for Marine and Coastal Policy Research at Plymouth University
PEGASEAS is a cross Channel capitalisation project between France and the United Kingdom and its aim is to promote the efficient governance of the Channel ecosystem.
- Association des Ports Locaux de la Manche
- Agence des Aires Marines Protégées
- Devon County Council
- Institut Français de Recherche pour l’Exploitation de la Mer
- Marine Biological Association
- Région Haute Normandie
- Sir Alister Hardy Foundation for Ocean Science
- Université de Bretagne Occidentale
- Université de Caen Basse-Normandie
- Université Pierre et Marie Curie
- University of Portsmouth
PEGASEAS seeks to identify common governance outcomes, outputs and lessons learnt from a suite of relevant Interre IVA Channel Area Projects relevant to the effective governance of the Channel ecosystem (including biodiversity, ecosystem management, marine conservation and planning, coastal management, blue growth, managing the human use of the Channel, scientific research). When combined, the results of these projects aim at offering important new insights into effective Channel governance and provide clear, powerful, communicable and compelling advice to support improved governance of the Channel marine ecosystem.
The deliverables from the PEGASEAS project feed directly into enhanced policy or practice and therefore seek to generate and demonstrate impact on the governance of the Channel including recommendations on the composition of the Interreg V programming period (2014-2020).