NATREG - managing Natural Assets and protected Areas as Sustainable Regional Development OpportunitiesCountries: Austria, Croatia, Italy, Serbia, Slovenia
Border(s): Austria-Italy, Austria-Slovenia, Croatia-Slovenia, Croatia-Serbia, Italy-Slovenia,
Interreg IVB - South West Europe
South East Europe Transnational Cooperation Programme
- The environment, resources and waste
- Natural and rural areas
Lead partner: Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Nature Conservation
NATREG project’s main objective is to establish a trans-national and multi-sectoral cooperation network and to develop the Joint Strategy for Integrated Management of Protected Areas.
The NATREG Project is addressing the challenge that the potentials of the protected areas as an important instrument of biodiversity conservation and a great potential for social and economic development are still largely unrecognized.
The Project is connecting six protected areas in the Adria-Alpe-Pannonia territory, namely in Italy, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia.
Numerous trainings and knowledge transfer events are organized. By using the participatory approach, all relevant stakeholders from various sectors such as regional development, spatial planning, nature protection, civil society, etc. are involved in the development of integrated management plans for protected areas.
- Regional Agency for the Prevention and the Environment of the Emilia-Romagna Region (Italy)Veneto Region – Territorial Planning and Parks Department (Italy)
- Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning (Slovenia)
- The Regional Environmental Centre, Country Office Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Klagenfurt University, Department of Economics (Austria)
- Public Institute for the Management of Protected Natural Values in the Area of the Koprivnica – Križevci County (Croatia)
- Public Institute for Spatial Planning of Koprivnica – Križevci County (Croatia)
- Institute for Nature Conservation of Serbia (Serbia)
NATREG - Managing Natural Assets and Protected Areas as Sustainable Regional Development Opportunities