ImedocCountries: Spain, France, Italy
Border(s): France-Spain-Andorra, France-Italy-Monaco,
Interreg IIIB - Western Mediterranean
- Cross-border maritime cooperation
- Cross-border economic development
- The environment, resources and waste
Set up in 1995, the IMEDOC network unites the Mediterranean islands (the Balearic islands, Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily). Its main role is to create a "shared mouthpiece for the islands of the Mediterranean".
- Balearic Region
- Region of Corsica
- Region of Sardinia
- Region of Sicily
- Promotion of shared interests, particularly in dealings with European bodies, in order to address these with a single voice, to ensure that their status as islands is recognised, and to provide information about IMEDOC
- Sharing of experiences and know-how between regional administrations, benefiting from analyses and coordinated activities undertaken by the political and economic actors in these régions
- Encouraging economic, social and cultural cooperation between the islands´ societies
Population of the Mediterranean islands.
- Ongoing institutional cooperation between the islands in defence of their special island status.
- Supporting projects in a variety of spheres:
- Transport and communication infrastructure
- Fishing and aquaculture
- Business development
- Culture and identity, and so forth