Roadmap and factsheet for the recognition of qualifications for highly demanded professions
Border(s): Germany-Netherlands, Belgium-Germany, Belgium-Netherlands,
- Identifying and removing obstacles
- Education, training and languages
Lead partner: Province of Limburg (Belgium)
“Roadmap and factsheet for the recognition of qualifications for highly demanded professions” is one of the ten projects selected after the first call for "b-solutions" projects, which was launched by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Regional & Urban Policy (DG REGIO) in 2018 to tackle legal and administrative border obstacles.
The obstacles targeted by this project are recognition procedures for highly demanded professions, which are often accused of being intransparent, time-consuming and sometimes even of discouraging cross-border mobility. This project offers to enhance the transparency of recognition procedures for regulated professions by means of the development of roadmaps and factsheets. The documents will indicate how competent authorities evaluate qualifications for highly demanded professions in the cross-border territories.
- ITEM Expertise Centre (Netherlands)
- Enhance the transparency of recognition procedures for regulated professions by means of the development of roadmaps and factsheets.
- Raise awareness among citizens regarding their rights and duties during recognition procedures.
The project is aimed at creating two practical documents:
- A roadmap providing information on the recognition process going beyond that information that is readily available online or via first line support services.
- A factsheet further supporting citizens by raising their awareness on essential aspects of the recognition process.