Two Countries - One PopulationCountries: France, Switzerland
Trans-Jura Conference, Agglomération urbaine du Doubs,
Notably: 2016-2020 "Periurban – Cohabitation in a Rural Setting" programme from Switzerland's Federal Commission on Migration .
- Education, training and languages
- Société civile
Lead partner: Doubs Urban Conurbation (Agglomération Urbaine du Doubs – AUD)
The Agglomération Urbaine du Doubs (AUD) is the main cross-border conurbation in the French-Swiss Jura Arc. Centred around a community based above all on a shared history of watchmaking, the six municipalities have cooperated for many years. Today, following the economic surge in the Swiss part sparked by the bilateral agreements, this part attracts over 7,000 cross-border workers on a daily basis (out of total of 65,000 inhabitants). But at the same time, a mutual lack of knowledge about the population on the other side can be observed, with the "cross-border experience" often being limited to economic or commercial exchanges and the possibility of giving rise to anti-cross-border worker feeling. It is against that background that the aim of the project is to foster concrete partnerships involving people on both sides of the border in the area of leisure, sport and culture, potentially taking the form of cross-border events that bring the different populations together.
- Doubs Urban Conurbation (Agglomération Urbaine du Doubs – AUD)
- Neuchâtel Urban Network
- Canton of Neuchâtel
The project aims to be intergenerational, with people of all ages participating: children, young people, working-age people, senior citizens, etc.
- Setting up French-Swiss projects between schools, local companies and associations that are active in the territory.
- Organising cross-border cultural, tourism and sporting events.
- Coordinating and promoting all of the actions undertaken, and encouraging exchanges between the six municipalities involved, representatives of the administrative departments and other relevant players.
Launching in March 2015