Cross-border Healthcare Community of Menton-VentimigliaCountries: France, Italy
Interreg IIIA - France-Italy (ALCOTRA)
Lead partner: Centre Hospitalier La Palmosa
In February 2002, the Menton hospital complex and the Local Health Authority of Imperia signed a cross-border cooperation agreement establishing a "communauté de santé transfrontalière" (cross-border healthcare community). This "community" has a large number of objectives and policy areas. One of the first significant projects to have come to fruition was the setting up of a cross-border perinatal centre in Menton, in September 2003.
Azienda Unità Sanitaria Locale n°1 d´Impéria (Local Health Authority 1 of Imperia)
- To improve free access to public health care
- To develop the complementarity of supply
- To improve the quality of healthcare provided
- To ensure that health care resources are more effectively integrated by enhancing cooperation in respect of programming and planning
The East of the Alpes-Maritimes department and Ponente Liguria (180 000 inhabitants).
- Exchanging skills, expertise and best practice
- Supplying employees and materials
- Coordinating the supply of cross-border health care in the fields of dialysis, medical imagery, geriatrics and perinatal care and emergency health care
- Building a cross-border perinatal centre within the ´La Palmosa´ hospital in Menton, which opened in September 2003. This Franco-Italian centre covers the area from Roquebrune to San Remo
816 854 €
367 584 €