Channel Marine AcademyCountries: France, United Kingdom
Border(s): France-United Kingdom,
Interreg IVA - France-(Channel)-England
- Cross-border economic development
- Education, training and languages
- Cross-border maritime cooperation
- Social inclusion
Lead partner: Cornwall Marine Network
The project "Channel Marine Academy” programme brings together French and British partners who wish to work together on a wide range of themes, such as employment and training in marine industries, mingling two different approaches:
Companies with specific needs in terms of competency, and young people, school leavers, or those integrating the job market, who often lack information about the careers available in their region.
Thus, the project raises awareness among unemployed, untrained and poorly social-integrated young people as regards training opportunities in the marine and nautical sector, while aiming to create a cross-border network of maritime businesses.
The development of occupations, competency requirements, tomorrow's recruitment sectors and employment perspectives are all subjects dealt with in the scope of Channel Marine Academy.
- Nautisme en Finistère
- Marine East Limited
- Surf Life Saving Great Britain
- Maison de l'Emploi et de la Formation Professionnelle du Pays de Brest
- Mission locale du Pays de Brest
The project aims at:
- A clear understanding of the scope, needs and potential of the sector in participating regions
- Developing a common model of supporting young people through to employment in the marine sector
- Developing common communication methods to attract both young people and businesses to engage in activities to increase the profitability of the marine sector and local employment rates
- Supporting businesses to develop their future workforce themselves, by creating a sustainable method of business leadership in educating young people about the sector.
- Developing a cross-Channel network of marine sector businesses.