CB PUMP - Cross Border Public Urban Mobility PlanCountries: Italy, Slovenia
- Identifying and removing obstacles
- Legal instruments
- Public Services
“CB PUMP” is one of the ten projects selected after the first call for "b-solutions" projects, which was launched by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Regional & Urban Policy (DG REGIO) in 2018 to tackle legal and administrative border obstacles.
The projects intends to identify a sustainable solution to the removal of the obstacles hindering the integration of the urban transport networks operating in the EGTC GO area at the border between Italy and Slovenia. Among these obstacles, the EC Regulation 1073/2009 which lays down restrictions on cabotage operations at cross-border level, but also the use of different pricing systems and languages.
- City of Gorizia (Italy)
- City of Nova Gorica (Slovenia)
- City of Šempeter-Vrtojba (Slovenia)
- Removal of the obstacles hindering the integration of the urban transport networks operating in the Gorizia-Nova Gorica cross-border agglomeration.
- Make a distinction between international commercial bus lines and cross-border bus-lines, more similar to local public bus tranpport service.
- Enable the creation of new cross-border bus lines within the target area.
- Analysis of the traffic flows in the cross-border area and of the financial viability of an extended cross-border transport service.
- Mobilization of relevant actors at local, regional and national levels to conclude a cooperation agreement by mean of the art 25 of the EC Regulation 1073/2009.