Waste in ActionCountries: France, United Kingdom
Border(s): France-United Kingdom,
Interreg IVA - France-(Channel)-England
- The environment, resources and waste
Lead partner: Conseil régional de Haute-Normandie
Waste in Action is a joint project between public, private, voluntary and higher education sectors and aims to develop shared learning in waste management.
The following partner organisations are involved in the project:
- Smédar Council in Rouen, France
- CNFPT in Upper Normandy, France
- University of Brighton
- Furniture Now
- Veolia Environmental Services
- SMEs (small and medium enterprises)
- VCOs (voluntary and community organisations)
- Householders, schools and the general public
- Local authority workers.
Actions will include:
- composting pilot schemes
- educational activities and events for school children and residents
- waste audits and Environmental Management training for SMEs and VCOs
- waste management and training for local authority staff
- development of tools and solutions that could be used by other organisations in the region
- exchanging of best practice ideas.
2008 - 2011